{My Granola}





I used to eat toast with peanut butter for breakfast everyday, then one day I got over it.  I tried some cereals and they mostly tasted like their boxes or had stuff in them I didn't like so I started to make my own.  I've been making granola for over a year now, every week I bake a new batch and I change up the nuts and fruit depending on what I feel like, or what I've got. I burnt a few batches in the beginning so you need to watch it, I would even recommend hovering nervously around the oven the first time you make it because your oven is different to mine and I'd hate for you to burn a batch, its a real pain in the ass. 

...granola
3 cups whole rolled oats
2 cups puffed rice
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup goji berries
1 cup nuts 
(almonds / macadamias / hazelnuts / pistachios)
1 cup dried fruit 
(sultanas / currants / dried blueberries / cranberries)

Preheat oven to 180.  Combine the oats, puffed rice, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and chia seeds in a large bowl, add in the salt, cinnamon, cardamom, maple syrup and olive oil and stir thoroughly to combine.

Tip out onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper, spread out and flatten it down with the back of a spoon.  Bake for 10 minutes then stir, bake for another 10 minutes then stir again, sprinkle over the nuts then bake for 5 more minutes so the granola is nicely toasted and the nuts are ever so slightly toasted.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool and become crunchy.

Once cool pop it into a lovely big jar, add in the goji berries and the dried fruit and shake to combine.  Eat with yoghurt and fresh fruit.  Feel good and healthy.

Comments