{Cauliflower Soup with Chorizo Crumbs}



Sometimes I like to set the boys up with an activity, you know the sort of thing, give them a cardboard box and a couple of pens and they're sorted until they get hungry and come looking for me. I like to make myself a cup of coffee and listen to John Faine.  

So I saw this soup be made on telly, I couldn't wait to give it a crack, its totally delicious and even though my hands were twitching wanting to add something extra to the cauliflower soup because it seemed too simple I didn't and I'm glad because it was perfect. Its also super fast and with the chorizo crumb a little bit fancy pants.

...the soup
half a cauliflower, sliced finely
1 big generous tbsp butter
250ml milk
¾ cup chicken stock
s + p

...the crumbs
2 slices of stale bread, crusts removed
1 small chorizo sausage, removed from its casing
1 tbsp olive oil
s + p

Pop the cauliflower, butter, milk and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes or so until its tender. Blend until smooth and season to taste.


For the crumble, peel and chop up the chorizo a little, add the olive oil to a hot pan and then add the chorizo, fry breaking it up with a wooden spoon till it picks up some colour then crumble the bread in and continue to cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Season to taste and blitz to a crumb like consistency in a food processor.

To serve dollop some soup into your bowl and sprinkle it with the crumbs.

Comments

  1. Just what I was looking for!! Google you're amazing! And Paula, I'll be checking back often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment